NEPCon implemented a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) system approximately 3 years ago, based on the SalesForce platform, which serves as our primary working tool in our virtual network of colleagues around the globe. NEPCon is currently looking to hire a Data and Business Analyst to join our talented team of IT specialists to help us continue to develop the functionalities of our SalesForce system, in order to help our staff find smarter and more efficient ways of working.
NEPCon is currently experience a phase of high growth in both numbers of clients, projects, and staff. You will have the opportunity to use your outstanding organisational and communication skills, alongside your experience in data management, to help the NEPCon management team ensure that our working tools can support our organisational growth in an optimal manner.
This position will support the entire NEPCon global organisation. Given that we rely on a virtual network, our IT team is a crucial service function of the organization. And NEPCon staff loves their IT team – they regularly receive top marks in our staff satisfaction surveys!
DATA AND BUSINESS ANALYST
Developing critical new functions in SalesForce, including:
- Build in financial and project management functions
- Build portal for clients and external stakeholders
- Developing and testing solutions to ensure readiness for their integration into the existing platform
- Managing and implementing plans for organisational roll-out of each new development
- Delivering training (online or in-person) as required to ensure users ability to work with new functions
- Designing and completing procedures to ensure integrity of all data entered into SalesForce
Reports and analysis
- Performing critical analysis for a variety of stakeholders across the organisation, including the Executive Director, senior management team, service managers and headquarters functions managers (such as finance, communications, quality management, human resources, project administration, fundraising, etc.). Importantly, this work also includes generally keeping up to date with current trends in SalesForce development and data management, and identifying opportunities to enhance and streamline NEPCon’s collection, retention and reporting of data.
- Ensuring the system is robust and secure and that data access is strictly controlled, and that potential risks are identified.
Helping to implement the day-today running and operations of the SalesForce system, including:
- Administration – setting up users, maintaining documentation and procedures, etc.
- User support – handling user queries and ensuring efficient use of the system
- Training – preparing and delivering training as needed, including during NEPCon’s monthly staff webinars, and producing how-to videos to be stored in the SalesForce library for users to access on demand as needed
- Ad hoc project work – implementing other special projects as may be required
Skills and competencies:
- Basic knowledge of business administration and financial management is desirable, with a broad knowledge of data systems, information security, user engagement and implementation programs.
- Analytical skills: well-developed analytical and systematic problem solving skills, demonstrating sound reasoning abilities and logical decision-making.
- Communication: excellent communication skills in English are essential, including written and spoken. This includes the ability to develop and deliver training programs in English.
- Customer service oriented: ability to communicate well with internal stakeholders as well as establish and maintain effective relationships, including when complaints or disputes may arise.
- Self-starter: being able to conduct your work independently is critical to this position, as the IT team is spread across the globe, and the line manager for this position is likely to be a in a different physical location.
- Organisational and personal attributes: excellent personal organisational and work planning skills, demonstrating high productivity and ability to manage competing work priorities, high personal and work ethics, and a successful record of project development and management.
- Solutions-oriented approach to working, with stakeholders and within a team. Proven ability to plan and organise work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork: good interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to work successfully as part of a virtual team is essential.
- Sector interest: demonstrable interest in our organisational mission is highly preferred. Previous work in certification systems, supply chains and sustainable development would be a significant bonus.
Qualifications and previous work experience
- Experience of managing complex, multistakeholder projects within a dynamic fast-moving international environment.
- Two or more years of professional work experience in a similar data management or support role.
- Advanced skills in the use of computers, including the use of standard MS Office applications. Proficient and competent use of electronic information systems and databases.
- Experience of work in an NGO environment and/or working in a virtual network with colleagues would be an advantage.
- Experience with Salesforce will be an advantage
- Experience of work in a multi-cultural, international environment is desirable.
- Working location: Flexible for NEPCon office locations in Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Vietnam or Malaysia; other locations (including potentially working from home office) considered for a strong candidate.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International travel: approximately 10-20%
How to apply
Please submit your CV and letter of application - in English - including salary expectations, by 30th April 2017 via the below link. Use the job code ”Data analyst”.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of race, ethnicity, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or sexual orientation.